Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the library!
1. All potential Volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application  form prior to being allowed to volunteer at the library. The library reserves the right to deny volunteer service to any person.
2. The library prefers Volunteer applicants to be at least 13 years old. (Reading and accurate alphabetizing skills are necessary for the majority of shelving tasks.) However, younger applicants may submit an application for consideration to work on special projects.
3. Volunteers will be subject to a background and/or reference check.
4. Volunteers may be asked to submit additional references or provide verification of community service requirements via official channels.
5. The library will contact approved volunteers to set up orientation and a work schedule.
6. The library may inform a volunteer at any time and for any reason that the volunteer may no longer volunteer at the library. The library need not specify a reason.
7. Volunteers must:
* Not distract others by excessive talking, being loud, rowdy, or other inappropriate behavior.
* Perform assigned tasks as requested.
* Show up for assigned hours—please remember that we are counting on you.
* Perform tasks correctly—please ask if you have questions or concerns.
Community Service Volunteers
As of February 1, 2006, anyone who wants to volunteer at the library to work off library fines or for Court-Ordered community service hours must be under 17 years old. The Volunteer Application form must include a parent or guardian signature.
• High school students referred by Teen Court to work community service hours must state the nature of the offense on the application form. This information will be kept confidential.
• Applications will not be considered if the violation involves harm against persons under age 18 or theft.
• Approval of all Court-Ordered applicants will be at the discretion of the Circulation Services Manager. The library need not specify a reason for unapproved applicants.